Last Updated: 05/05/2020
Last Reviewed: 05/05/2020
When completing the registration form on our website, we may collect information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort to identify an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, and contact preferences. Personal Information collected online may be supplemented with information you provide to us through other services and sources, as well as information we obtain from other data collection methods, such as lead generation from third-party firms. We collect Personal Information as follows:
Direct: When requesting information on our website, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to obtain additional information from Sycorr.
Indirect or Third-Party: Sycorr may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our website through a third-party connection or login, or through a third-party plug-in, that third party may pass certain information about you to Sycorr. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services that you use to access Sycorr’s website.
Analytics: To assist Sycorr in improving our website, we may directly, or through a third party (including the use of third-party analytics tools), collect analytics data, measure traffic and usage trends for our website, including the pages you visit, and collect other relevant information.
Cookies: When you visit our website, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets Sycorr help you enhance your navigation through our website. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use our website (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the website), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of our website over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of our website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log Files: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access our website. When you use our website, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on our website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear gifs/Web Beacons: When you use our website, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of our website.
Device Identifiers: When you access our website by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Sycorr. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use our website. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to enhance your navigation through our website. Some features of our website may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Location data: When you access our website, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use our website. Some features of our website, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt-out or change your preferences.
We do not require that customers, partners or other visitors to our website provide us with Personal Information and you may visit our website anonymously. In this case, we do not collect Personal Information when you visit our website unless you choose to provide it to us, except for certain IP analysis. The decision to provide Personal Information is voluntary and you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact page.
Use of Information
We use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes only. Your Personal Information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any company outside the Sycorr and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities or our trusted third-party service providers for any reason whatsoever without your consent, except as noted below:
- Sycorr may share your information with third-party business partners for the purpose of providing services, improving our website, personalizing the website experience, or to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website features to you. Those business partners will be given limited access to your information as is reasonably necessary to deliver services.
- Sycorr may use your Personal Information to perform research, technical diagnostics and analytics with regard to our website.
- We may communicate (via mail, email or phone call) periodic informational or promotional content. However, you can always unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional information from us by following the specific instructions in the email you receive or by notifying us using the contact information below. It may take a reasonable period of time to process your request, no longer than 30 days for direct mail and telephone promotions and 10 business days for email promotions.
- Sycorr may buy, sell, divest or transfer its stock or assets, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your Personal Information may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such Personal Information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
- We may disclose Personal Information, or any information you submit to us, if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) to enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) to investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) to prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies; or (vii) in case we find it necessary in order to enforce our intellectual property or other legal rights.
- Sycorr may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business partners. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
We use the Personal Information only to the extent required and while maintaining your right to privacy.
We strive to keep your Personal Information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain data integrity. We will provide you with access to your information when reasonable, or in accordance with relevant laws, including making reasonable efforts to provide you with the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your data. Requests to delete Personal Information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations. To access or correct information, you can notify us via the contact information below.
At any time, you may request to view, change or update your Personal Information by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also request that we cease processing, correct errors or erase your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our contact page.
Due to the possibility of long sales cycles, one never knows when a potential client will re-engage with Sycorr and having the background and history of the contracting party will assist Sycorr in providing a better customer experience. Therefore, please note that unless you instruct us otherwise, we retain the information we collect for as long as needed to provide our software and services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information at any time and at our own discretion.
Safeguarding and Transferring Your Information
We are committed to using our reasonable efforts, in accordance with market best practices, to ensure the security, confidentially and integrity of the Personal Information you choose to provide us. To protect the privacy of any Personal Information you may have provided, we are using data hosts who implement market best practice security measures. Although we take steps to safeguard such information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are above the age of 18. In the event that we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has shared any Personal Information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any Personal Information with us, please contact us at email@example.com or our contact page.
PO Box 5197
Fargo, ND 58105-5197